Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the company operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes.
As part of the Third Line of Defense the candidate will work closely with risk partners in the Second Line of Defense and practitioners in the First Line of Defense.
The Audit Supervisor will be part of this team and focus on executing end-to-end audit services focused on the Single-Family, Capital Markets, Multifamily, Finance, and other enterprise business functions.
• Work independently or as part of audit teams and ensure testing work is completed on time with quality.
• Assist audit manager to supervise the day-to-day audit activities, understand and interact with the business, collaborate with other audit teams, and complete project deliverableles.
• Will occasionally lead audits.
• Add value to business management on current or emerging risk, control and governance matters.
• Oversee management’s remediation of identified issues and test the efficiency of the remediation.
• Lead specific control initiatives and conduct special investigations when needed.
Training, Project Management & Leadership
• Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and best practices.
• Perform people management related tasks such as mentoring and project performance evaluations.
• Minimum of 6 years working experience with a focus on risk-based auditing
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related discipline
• Must work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually
• Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Deep curiosity to learn about the business, new trends and how to do things better
• Effectively work with and collaborate across the teams
• Strong consultation and communication skills
• Build relationship with stakeholders and inspire trust
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), other relevant certifications (or commitment to get certified within one year)
• Experience performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques (Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL)
• Banking/financial services experience
• Big 4 experience
• Specialized experience or prior working knowledge in functions of Multi-family, Single-family and Capital Markets
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.